Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kyle and Valintine (Val-en-teen)


So Kyle has made a new friend, Valintine, pronounced like above. He begged me for weeks to have him come play. We went to pick him up, and I was humbled by the way he lived. 8 people living in a run down little trailer, which his mom keeps spotless.
The first thing Kyle said to Kasey when we walked through the door was "Hi Dad, this is Valintine, and he lives in a trailer." All we heard from the play date was Kyle trying to imitate Valintine's Spanish accent, and now when we read scriptures he tries to pronounce words he doesn't know with a Spanish accent. So funny! (It doesn't help that my children would rather watch Nacho Libre than eat or breathe.
Yesterday Kyle said to me: "Mom, Valintine is so lucky! He can just hook his house up to a truck and move to a different trailer park whenever he wants. I wish I could do that!

4 comments:

Burke Family said...

Kyle is my IDOL! He seriously is so sweet...can I have him?

Howling Pickup said...

That made me chuckle! I love Kyle and his sweet innocence. Your kids looked so cute on Halloween. I love your blog. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I just love Kyle, he is the greatest!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Maybe he really wants to be able to pull his house to Gunnison...